Every person likes a pearly white smile; fresh breathing and healthy gums so make sure your mouth stay healthy, go for routine check-ups and maintain a healthy mouth. Here are some of the dental care tips which is useful for each and every person.
- Brushing is the first important thing that everybody should do in the morning. Brushing twice a day is a good habit. Brushing helps you to remove bacteria and plaque. Select the toothbrush which has small head, soft bristles and a handle that is easy to grip. Hold the brush at an angle of 45degrees and do at least for 2minutes daily in the morning and at the night time. Ensure to clean all the sides of the teeth and do not forget about your gums and do not brush too hard.
- Flossing is one of the best way to remove the plaque in the places where your brush cannot be reached. So do floss at least once a day. If the plaque is not removed then it leads to your tooth decay and gum diseases. If you want any refresher in flossing techniques consult your doctor and use dental floss to clean in between the teeth where the plaque forms but do not neglect this because it is important for your dental care.
- Drink enough amount of water, if you do not take enough amount of water it leads to bad breath. Drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated has many health benefits and in your mouth it keeps the soft tissues moist and helps to promote the healthy action of saliva. Saliva has an important role in protecting the teeth from decay. Always keep your mouth moist.
- Use mouth wash which is free from alcohol and a good mouth wash. The benefits of mouth wash are they can touch the areas where the tooth brush cannot reach. Use twice a day once in the morning and at the night time always after your brushing.
- Clean your tongue and use a proper tongue scraper every morning to remove the tongue plaque and freshen your breath. The major cause of bad breath is due to bacteria building up on your tongue. So tongue scraping is important to remove the bacteria and it is more effective than brushing your tongue with a tooth brush.